Re: gEDA-user: netlist simulation problems

Here's how I use gEDA & ngspice.

First off, don't use ngspice.  Instead get and download tclspice:

http://tclspice.sourceforge.net/

When you build tclspice, it will automatically install ngspice for
you.  (Ngspice is a subset of tclspice).  However, many fixes have
been made in tclspice which haven't been made in the main branch of
ngspice.  Therefore, tclspice tends to work, whereas ngspice is still
kinda broken.  (This may change soon, hopefully . . . .)

To create SPICE files I use gschem & gnetlist from the gEDA/gaf
distribution.  I draw the schematic using gschem & then netlist using
"gnetlist -g spice-sdb projectname.sch".  This creates a SPICE file.

Of course, you can also create your own SPICE netlist file using a
text editor, or any other method.

Once you've got the SPICE file, just run it in ngspice by saying:
"ngspice spicefile.cir".  Ngspice is a command line program, so once
your design is read in, you run the simulation by saying "run", make
plots by saying "plot V(node)" and so on.  The available commands are
available at:

http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Electronics2/userguide/

Finally, I placed a SPICE on gEDA/Linux HOWTO at:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/intro.html

Which discusses in greater detail about how to do SPICE simulations
using gEDA/Linux.

Good luck,

Stuart