Re: gEDA-user: icarus verilog: IVL_LPM_CMP_EQ not supported bythis target

It seems from here there are two ways to go:
  1. somehow steal the implementation that synthesizes "wire try1 = (state_en == 5'd8)" into gates, or
  2. add code that generates valid EDIF netlist elements for LPM_COMPARE
For our purposes either approach would work; the downstream tools I'm targeting should handle either output as long as it was valid EDIF describing a netlist of LPM modules.

I'm sure Stephen has an opinion about which is the Right Thing to do. I'm also curious to know why sometimes the comparison gets synthesized and other times it's handed off for output as a module.