gEDA-user: 7400 symbols sees to suck a bit

Hello

7400 symbols seem to suck a bit. They have some hardwired label for example
7400 and when I use 74HC00, then I have to add device=74HC00 attribute and put
it underneath the symbol. The original 7400 can't be turned off.  This way a
double information is in the schematic, one of it inaccurate, and moreover it
unnecessarily takes up precious place in my crammed up schematics ;-)

Shouldn't all the symbols be remade so that the device=7400 would be an
attribute that could be changed after the symbol is instantiated? There's
even some scientific name for this kind of attribute I can't remember at
the moment ;-)

Cl<