Re: gEDA-user: find elements in PCB...

On Saturday 16 October 2004 12:04 pm, Mohammad Shahab Sanjari wrote:
> Yes, I have tried. But autoplace placed the elements on both sides. I only
> want the elements apart from eachother on the workspace, so that I can
> arrange them the way I like. For this, I need the search function.

"Mikey Sklar gave this answer to the same question:

Date: 10/26/03 10:34 am

Within PCB, I choose:

Select --> Elements

A red word at the bottom of my PCB session appears stating "pattern"

I reference groups of components by refdes names. In my case if I want to
select all the resistors I press R enter. then I can move the resistors
(all stacked on top of each other) to the side and cleanly sort them out
one at a time with F11 movements.

Its still dragging parts individually, but being able to move out
sections at a time has really saved me a lot of silly organizational
mouse clicks."

I just tried this but  "Select --> Elements" is grayed out. :-(

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/