Re: gEDA-user: Outputting negative plane layers from pcb?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 01:52:42PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
[...]
> Planes are no different than any other
> polygon on any other layer (you created your plan by drawing a big
> rectangle, yes?), so if they can do regular layers, PCB planes should
> work too.
>
> In theory, if they ask "which layers are planes?" you can answer
> "none" and it should still give you what you expect.
[...]

Yup, that's pretty much what I was thinking.  Of course, sometimes
being reasonable isn't one of the bullet points in the official
corporate policy, so I was a little worried. ;) But based on other
feedback in this thread, it sounds like it will work fine without me
doing anything special.

Thanks,

Randall