Re: gEDA-user: More questions about PCB footprints

You can pass directory names to gsch2pcb on the
command line. I created a script called sch2pcb that
contains the following:

#!/bin/bash
gsch2pcb --m4-pcbdir /local/lan/pcb/packages.m4\
--elements-dir /local/lan/pcb/packages $@

I place all of the my packages in the directory
/local/lan/pcb/packages. If you want to organize
packages with subdirectories for resistors, caps, etc
you could create a directory called packages-all
that symlinks to the various files in the
subdirectories.

(* jcl *)

--- Stuart Brorson <sdb@cloud9.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> output-name InorBoard
> --------------------  end project file
> ----------------------
>
> When I run gsch2pcb, the program can find the
> footprints living in
> pcb-elements, but it can't find the m4 footprints.
> The output spew
> from gsch2pcb is below.
>
> Questions:
>
> *  What other variables do I need to set in order to
> point
> gsch2pcb to my non-standard m4 location?
>
> *  I have seen some mention (via Google) about a
> pcb.inc file.  I
> don't have one of these.  What does pcb.inc do?  Do
> I need to set one
> up?
>
> *  Am I using the wrong footprint name for the DB-9
> and DB-25
> connectors?  Otherwise, any ideas why I can't find
> the footprints for
> these parts?
>
> Thanks for your answers,
>
> Stuart
>

> ----------------------  gsch2pcb spew
> --------------------------
> [sdb@localhost ~/InorBoard]$ gsch2pcb --verbose
> project
> Reading project file: project
>     schematics InorBoard.sch
>     m4-pcbdir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/m4
>     elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/newlib
>     elements-dir
> /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements
>     elements-dir
> /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/resistors
>     elements-dir
> /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/capacitors
>     output-name InorBoard
> Running command:
>         gnetlist -g PCB -o InorBoard.net
> InorBoard.sch
> --------
> gEDA/gnetlist version 20040710
> gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see
> COPYING for more
> details.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to
> redistribute it under
> certain
> conditions; please see the COPYING file for more
> details.

> Default m4-pcbdir: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4
> --------
> gnet-gsch2pcb-tmp.scm override file:
>     (define m4-pcbdir
> "/usr/local/geda/share/pcb/m4")
> --------
> Running command:
>         gnetlist -g gsch2pcb -o InorBoard.new.pcb -m
> gnet-gsch2pcb-tmp.scm InorBoard.sch
> --------
> gEDA/gnetlist version 20040710
> gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see
> COPYING for more
> details.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to
> redistribute it under
> certain
> conditions; please see the COPYING file for more
> details.

> --------
> C1: need new file element for footprint  CA300

/usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/capacitors/CA300
> C1: added new file element for footprint CA300
> (value=22uF)
> ----
> R1: need new file element for footprint  R0w4
> (value=150,_0.25%)
>         Found:

/usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/resistors/R0w4