gEDA-user: More questions about PCB footprints

Hi again --

Thanks for all the support I received about PCB footprints!  One of
the benefits of F/OSS is the good support one gets from the actual
developers (instead of customer-service flacks reading their lines off
of printed cards).

Now I have another issue:  On my system, I place gEDA & associated EDA
stuff under /usr/local/geda.  This means that the footprint lib lives
under /usr/local/geda/share/pcb.

I am using Bill Wilson's wonderful gsch2pcb, and have a project file
pointing where the various files live.  Here's my project file:

--------------------  project file ------------------------
schematics InorBoard.sch

m4-pcbdir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/m4
elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/newlib
elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements
elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/resistors
elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/capacitors

output-name InorBoard
--------------------  end project file ----------------------

When I run gsch2pcb, the program can find the footprints living in
pcb-elements, but it can't find the m4 footprints.  The output spew
from gsch2pcb is below.

Questions:

*  What other variables do I need to set in order to point
gsch2pcb to my non-standard m4 location?

*  I have seen some mention (via Google) about a pcb.inc file.  I
don't have one of these.  What does pcb.inc do?  Do I need to set one
up?

*  Am I using the wrong footprint name for the DB-9 and DB-25
connectors?  Otherwise, any ideas why I can't find the footprints for
these parts?

Thanks for your answers,

Stuart

----------------------  gsch2pcb spew  --------------------------
[sdb@localhost ~/InorBoard]$ gsch2pcb --verbose project
Reading project file: project
    schematics InorBoard.sch
    m4-pcbdir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/m4
    elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/newlib
    elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements
    elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/resistors
    elements-dir /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/capacitors
    output-name InorBoard
Running command:
        gnetlist -g PCB -o InorBoard.net InorBoard.sch
--------
gEDA/gnetlist version 20040710
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Default m4-pcbdir: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4
--------
gnet-gsch2pcb-tmp.scm override file:
    (define m4-pcbdir "/usr/local/geda/share/pcb/m4")
--------
Running command:
        gnetlist -g gsch2pcb -o InorBoard.new.pcb -m
gnet-gsch2pcb-tmp.scm InorBoard.sch
--------
gEDA/gnetlist version 20040710
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

--------
C1: need new file element for footprint  CA300 (value=22uF)
        Found: /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/capacitors/CA300
C1: added new file element for footprint CA300 (value=22uF)
----
R1: need new file element for footprint  R0w4 (value=150,_0.25%)
        Found: /usr/local/geda/share/pcb/pcb-elements/resistors/R0w4
R1: added new file element for footprint R0w4 (value=150,_0.25%)
----
J4: need new file element for footprint  SUBD_9F (value=unknown)
J4: can't find PCB element for footprint SUBD_9F (value=unknown)
----
WARNING: J3 has no footprint attribute so won't be in the layout.
J5: need new file element for footprint  SUBD_25M (value=unknown)
J5: can't find PCB element for footprint SUBD_25M (value=unknown)
----
WARNING: J2 has no footprint attribute so won't be in the layout.
WARNING: J1 has no footprint attribute so won't be in the layout.

InorBoard.pcb is backed up as InorBoard.pcb.bak.
2 file elements and 0 m4 elements added to InorBoard.new.pcb.
2 not found elements added to InorBoard.new.pcb.
3 components had no footprint attribute and are omitted.