Re: gEDA-user: ngspice shot noise

On Sunday 02 October 2005 07:45 pm, Al Davis wrote:
> On Sunday 02 October 2005 03:22 pm, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> > > 2N3904's
> >
> > But if it isn't, I can return them to the shop because that's
> > deception of customer, isn't it?
>
> No, and I really believe they all meet all published specs.

I have not caught up with the start of this thread yet, so not all that sure
what is going on here.  However I could not let your statement above pass.

In the early days of ISO9000 when few had heard of it, Motorola
was making a big deal of them just getting an award for Six Sigma
defect management.

Virtually on the same day they sent us tens of thousands 2N2907 transistors,
labeled as such.  Days later when none of the thousands of boards out
of production worked correctly we discovered that in those 2N2907 cases
where really 2N2222 dies.

Of course Mot. was not going to pay us the big bucks that we wasted in
cleaning up their mess by fixing all of those boards by hand.

> > > I've not found them to be very long lived in lots of the
> > > stuff where the bean counters told engineering that 'its
> > > good enough'.
>
> This is probably bad design.

Yes, of the Bean Counters.  We need to redesign them.  :-)

--
    http://www.softwaresafety.net/  http://www.designer-iii.com/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/