Re: gEDA-user: black on white png output?

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 05:54 pm, Dan McMahill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm needing to provide a schematic to someone to include in a document.
>   However, this person is editor-challenged and is forced to use a
> WYSIWYG word processor from some unnamed company in the NW of the US.  I
> tried printing to postscript, but of course this does not give the
> preview which WYSIWYG users so desire.  So then I tried png, but got the
> same color scheme as on the screen.

We use scribus, the desktop publishing program for linux. You can get it
here:

http://www.scribus.org.uk/

What we do when faced with the situation you are describing is import
the png file as a graphic into scribus and then publish the scribus document
as a pdf. The output is simply marvelous.

The other option is to use the image magick convert command to massage
the png into a postscript file and then use ps2pdf to convert it into a pdf.
This option will give acceptable results, but nothing near as nice as the
scribus thing I previously described.

Regards

Marvin