Re: gEDA-user: PCB is extremely slow

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:30:02PM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> I am editing Ronja Twister
> http://ronja.twibright.com/schematics/twister.pcb
> And it sometimes takes 30 seconds to redraw (during which PCB doesn't
> react). My machine has 1500MHz CPU and 0.5GB of RAM and nothing
> CPU intensive is running there besides.
>
> Do you have also this problem? Is it possible to optimize PCB somehow
> to not grind down this way? I can't imagine making a 8-layer motherboard
> in this, it would take like 1 year to redraw...
>
> CL<

I have no problems on my 1GHz AMD athlon machine with the GTK version. It
even runs decently fast on my PII 366MHz laptop. I downloaded your file,
and it is much slower than any pcb file I have ever loaded, but it only
takes about 3 seconds to redraw. For comparison, DSPcard redraws instantly.

Could it have something to do with lines at angles that are not multiples
of 45 degrees? I only use such angles on my boards.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com/dspcard