Re: gEDA-user: PCB is extremely slow

I tried twister.pcb on my machine with both the Xt and GTK versions.

- the Xt version takes less than one second to redraw, but is slow
enough to make panning operations awkward.
- the GTK version redraws at least twice as fast; panning is smooth and
easy.
- thin draw mode does not help at all; in fact I think it makes it
slower.
- turning off the solder and component layers helps greatly.

Matt