Re: gEDA-user: Cheap 4 layer manufacturer?

On 10/10/05, Darrell Harmon <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 07:07:41PM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> > Are you going to mass produce them and sell?
> >
> > CL<
>
> I am considering doing that. I would not call it mass
> production. I imagine something like putting a few
> together every weekend. That way I would not have a huge
> investment in parts.

Are you considering getting BGA and TQFP chips soldered by PCB board
manufacturers? After working on the 0.5mm 144 pin EPM1270T144 with a
solder iron and an absorbing copper braid (though successfully), I
think it is not the kind of job that I can handle. I gave up the idea
of toast oven before I even started, because I don't know how to
control the temperature precisely.

vax, 9000