Re: gEDA-user: Cheap 4 layer manufacturer?

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 12:00:45AM -0400, 9000 VAX wrote:
> Are you considering getting BGA and TQFP chips soldered by PCB board
> manufacturers? After working on the 0.5mm 144 pin EPM1270T144 with a
> solder iron and an absorbing copper braid (though successfully), I
> think it is not the kind of job that I can handle. I gave up the idea
> of toast oven before I even started, because I don't know how to
> control the temperature precisely.
>
> vax, 9000

I can do an LQFP176 in about 2 minutes with no wick and no bridges. It
just takes a lot of practice (and flux). The 0402 capacitors are the
only really bad part. They stick to the tweezers since they weigh
nothing.

A themocouple + max6675 + laptop + relay solves the temperature
control problem with the toaster oven.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com/dspcard