Re: gEDA-user: problems with geda-iso

> I compiled it manually, because in Ubuntu I can't install gattrib over
> packages.
>
> lucas
>
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 15:54 -0500, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > [snip]
> > >Probably parenthesis mismatch in /usr/local/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc
> > >Most recently read form: (#@load (#@string-append #@gedadatarc /system-gafrc))
                               ^^      ^^              ^^

This #@ stuff looks like something got munged during the build/install
process.

Ummm, can you please describe the steps you made to download, open,
and build the various programs?  The normal procedure for a manual
build looks like this:

	- Install all the dependencies (glib, gtk, and guile).
	- Download all source packages and the toplevel Makefile.
        - If you are building the CVS version, then you must also have
          autoconf, automake, libtool, and gettext installed.
	- Untar all packages in a directory and place toplevel Makefile
          in this same directory.
	- [OPTIONAL] Edit Makefile changing prefix to a different install
          directory other than the default ($HOME/geda)
	- Type: make
	- Follow instructions on setting all the shell variables.
	- Set shell variables.  *VERY IMPORTANT*
	- Type: make install
 	- Read the release notes for more information and last minute issues.
	- Read the docs in: ${prefix}/share/doc/geda-doc/gedadocs.html
	- Run: gschem and play! :-)

You can read more about it here:

http://www.geda.seul.org/devel/20050820/README

Stuart