Re: gEDA-user: gschem and gtk library hell

> >Why gattrib compiles with gtk 2.6 or 2.8 without error and doesn't work
> >(after attempt to load a file crashes the whole program with error that
> >symbol question mark cannot be loaded from font file)?
>
> 	Probably because the question mark symbol can't be found or loaded?

Aaaaahhhh. . . .  I've seen this bug many times before.  The problem is
that the appropriate RC files didn't get loaded.  Therefore, the font
definitions are munged.  The first char to barf when the fonts are
created is the "?".  It is unfortunate that this bug manifests
itself this way; I do think a better error trap would help with this
particular issue.  Perhaps we need the stuff in libgeda which loads
the RC files to exit(-1) the program if no RC files are found?

Lukas --  It looks like your RC files aren't being built correctly, or
aren't being found.  My suggestion:

1.  Delete all traces of previous gEDA installations.  This includes
all the stuff in the ${prefix}/share/gEDA directory.
2.  Re-build gEDA/gaf manually using "make install" in a directory
holding the entire gEDA/gaf collection.

Stuart