Re: gEDA-user: Design changs required to mill PCBs?

On Oct 2, 2006, at 8:19 PM, Bob Paddock wrote:
What I always wonder about with these tools, or similar X/Y machines is why
no one ever optimizes the travel to save time. Seems like it should be simple
mater of sorting the vectors? Instead the machine goes at random from
place to place.

Years ago, I wrote a bunch of code which generated HPGL to drive a plotter. I sorted the vectors for exactly this reason. It made a BIG difference in plot time.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL