Re: gEDA-user: IPC 7351 name for wire terminal?

On 10/10/06, phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I've reviewed the naming conventions sheet, and other sources, but
haven't figured out what to call a single-wire terminal.

I've been calling them something like:

TERM__wire_awg22.fp

Is there a more common name being used? What is it?

Is a single wire terminal just a hole in the board where you solder a wire? If so then I would use probably use the testpoint name ---

TP + pad size in metric + hole size in metric + height in metric.

When I need to solder a wire to a board I usually put in a Vector pin
(K24A or similar)
and solder the wire to the pin.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org