Re: gEDA-user: one net, two pins

Dave N6NZ wrote:
simple question:

I have a situation where I want one pin on the schematic symbol to get netlisted to two pins on the footprint. IOW, both physical pins must be connected to the same net, but it is PCB designer's choice as to how. (The exact situation is duplicated power rails on a header.)

What is the cleanest way to do that?

Just make a symbol with the extra pin. Short them with a net, and make sure your footprint has the extra pin numbered to expect it's own connection to the net.

Phil