Re: gEDA-user: Dangerous gsymupdate behavior

Matt Ettus wrote:
If you run "gsymupdate *", it will not check what is a symbol, and
will destroy other files and even directories.  Luckily, it makes
backups, but it is still very messy.  Simply checking that something
is not a directory would be nice.

I just added a few extra checks (non-existant file, is a directory not a file) but there is plenty of extra to be done.

In particular, it would be really good if some attempt were made to identify files which are not symbols at all as you suggest.

Perhaps gschlas returning an error would be a sign that one should revert the file to its backup?

I'm also thinking links should maybe be skipped too. I'm sure gsymupdate would be a nice short project for someone more fluent in perl than I.

-Dan