Re: gEDA-user: gschem symbol search order

Hi,

>If you have a  (component-library "...") line in your local gafrc file
>(in $HOME/.gEDA), should that directory be searched before any others
>for symbols?

	Yes, that is what I expected when I first read your e-mail.  But
after investigating the code...

>I seem to find that if I save the design then reload it, gschem picks up
>a symbol of the same name from the geda library instead of the one from
>my own library. I can rename my own symbol, of course, just wondered...

	Ack!  This is changed behavior.  It seems that the order is
now different then what I expected.  libgeda/gschem should always search
the component libraries in the reverse order (that is your local libraries
should be found first), however it is not doing that.  This is a bug
and will be fixed.   Thanks for the bug report.

								-Ales