Re: gEDA-user: Pointer to 3d CAD?

Excellent pointer! A quick glance at their web pages shows that they are at least trying to solve my problem. Definitely something I need to check out.

STL == "stereo lithography" file. As I understand it, zillions of triangles defined by x,y,z coordinate triples. A lot of rapid prototyping equipment takes in STL. The TechShop ( http://techshop.ws )
is supposed to get their 3D printer "real soon now"... so I'm getting ready :-) Eventually I may want to go to injection molding.

Thanks,
   Dave