gEDA-user: xgsch2pcb 0.1.1 released

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the first official release of xgsch2pcb, 0.1.1.

xgsch2pcb provides an intuitive, user-friendly graphical interface to
the gsch2pcb command-line tool which is used to generate and update a
PCB layout. It works with schematics created by gschem, and layouts
created by pcb. xgsch2pcb also features a "template" functionality for
creating new projects.

More information, and a screen shot of xgsch2pcb in action can be found
at:  http://geda.seul.org/tools/xgsch2pcb/README.txt
and: http://geda.seul.org/tools/xgsch2pcb/xgsch2pcb.png

xgsch2pcb is available to download at:
http://geda.seul.org/dist/geda-xgsch2pcb-0.1.1.tar.gz
MD5 sum: a9a22f12a8df67bd4ed785f21b64ac9f

xgsch2pcb requires a recent version of pcb built with D-Bus support
enabled. (Pass --enable-dbus to pcb's configure script when building).
There a bug-fix needed for some platforms (SUSE at least), which can be
found at:
http://git.gpleda.org/?p=xgsch2pcb.git;a=commitdiff;h=90d72dc57a8817d86409473dc2b3db6bc3704c85

Subsequent to the release there have been a few important improvements
which can be found in the git repository at:
http://git.gpleda.org/?p=xgsch2pcb.git These changes would be suitable
for "back-porting" as patches on top of the 0.1.1 tarball.

NB: I have the beginnings of SUSE and Debian packages which I've been
using for local development should any distribution maintainer wish to
take them as a basis for an official package.

Enjoy!

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,