Re: gEDA-user: python importfilter for ngspice and differetial evolution optimizer

Hi Peter,

On Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 20:59 +0200, Werner Hoch wrote:
> > I'd like to announce some small pieces of code to
> >  * import ngspice files into python (numpy, scipy, ...)
> >  * optimize functions using differential evolution
> >  * optimize spice circuits using both things,
> >    the optimizer and the ngspice importfilter
> >
> > I've put together some more informations here:
> >   http://www.h-renrew.de/h/python_spice/de.html
> >
> > Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
>
> I've just taken a look at this, and whilst initially confused by the
> acronym "DE" (thinking Differential Equation), think that you've done
> a brilliant job here.

Thanks. The DE acronym was used by it's originator, I've just used it
too.

> I can foresee using this in the future (assuming I can write a decent
> enough goal function for a working power system).

It's not that hard. You just have to express your wishes as math
expressions:
* I'd like to have ice-cream
* with some chocolate
* but more ice-cream than chocolate
* ....
;-)

> PS. Werner.. do you want me to send you the .spec file for xgsch2pcb?
Yes of course.
Will xgsch2pcb work with all the tools release with the gEDA 1.2.0
release?

Regards
Werner