Re: gEDA-user: gschem, text alignment mark after rotation of symbols

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:51:58 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> I have rotated capacitor-1.sym with visible C? text. Then I added
> attribute value=100p with has alignment mark at lower left by default.
> But alignment of C? is wrong --

gschem does indeed manipulate the alignment of rotated text.
This is deliberate to keep the position relative to the symbol fixed.

> I have to delete C? attribute and
> recreate it with correct alignment (lower left).

You can set the alignment of attributes directly. No need to redefine the
attribute:

1) Select the attribute. (Only the attribute, not the whole symbol)

2) Type ex --> The single attribute editor dialog appears.

3) Select the proper alignment

HTH,

---<(kaimartin)>---

PS: The attributes of single pins still behave differently when the pin
is rotated. Any chance, that this bug receives attention?
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog