Re: gEDA-user: gschem, More than one component found with name ...

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 19:35 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Stefan Salewski wrote:
> >Is there a way to handle identical names?
>
> Seems that symbol directories defined in local gafrc file take
> precedence -- this is fine.
>
> But there is a minor correlated problem:
> If I try to load a symbol from the default gschem library, the default
> symbol is shown in "Select component... /preview", but the symbol with
> same name defined by myself is inserted into the schematic.

That's a bug I'd guess. The preview is populated directly with data from
the component library, as it exists (and can view all parts).

The components you place down are always referred to by their name, so
if you've got a clash, you can only get the "preferred" one. This would
be the case loading your schematic anyway - unless you embed the
symbols.

Peter B wants (and I think this is a good thing) to start embedding
symbols by default, so this code will change at some point.

Peter