Re: gEDA-user: gschem, More than one component found with name ...

[snip]
> > But there is a minor correlated problem:
> > If I try to load a symbol from the default gschem library, the default
> > symbol is shown in "Select component... /preview", but the symbol with
> > same name defined by myself is inserted into the schematic.
>
> That's a bug I'd guess. The preview is populated directly with data from
> the component library, as it exists (and can view all parts).

Yes, it is a bug and I think this used to work in the past.  Please file
a bug and then the appropriate individual might fix it.

> Peter B wants (and I think this is a good thing) to start embedding
> symbols by default, so this code will change at some point.

I'm still on the fence on this change.  All the weirdness associated
with embedded symbols should be fixed first before the default is
changed.  And hopefully all the licensing issues with embedded symbols
has been hashed out as well (the license text on the gEDA website mentions
embedded symbols a little bit, this should probably be really explicitly
cleared up).

For one (just one) list of odd behaviors with embedded components look at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1692626&group_id=161080&atid=818426

-Ales