Re: gEDA-user: first impressions on gaf v1.2.0

[snip]
> I would very much like to move then entire existing symbols package to
> gedasymbols in favour of a really minimal, lightweight symbol library to be
> shipped with gEDA.  The existing library can't decide what it's supposed to
> be.  Are the symbols supposed to be lightweight, or heavyweight?  Are we
> trying to include all likely devices used, or some definable subset?  By
> stripping back the -symbols package to a minimum, we can concentrate on
> providing a good, solid basis for user's to build upon.

Certainly.  I have been waiting to do this for a few years now.  However,
I haven't come up with a appoach that doesn't break every single gEDA/gaf
user in existance.  It would be really sad if a user goes to the 'net and
downloads some random *.sch files and none of the legacy components are found.

-Ales