Re: gEDA-user: PCB paste layer, revisited.

John Griessen wrote:
> Dave N6NZ wrote:
>> To recap: I have been experimenting with making solder paste stencils
>> from laser cut drafting mylar.  The current implementation of paste
>> layers is not very flexible.  The paste stencils that result from my
>> current workflow apply way too much solder (for various reasons).
>

> Glad to hear you are experimenting with this Dave.  It's much appreciated.

I'd like to make this reliable enough that I could cut stencils for
people.  That requires a "no tweak" work flow, ideally driven off of
gerbers instead of pcb Postscript check plots, although the check plot
trick gets me by.  To drive the laser cutter, I need .dxf files, so I do
a ps -> dxf conversion.

-dave