Re: gEDA-user: PCB paste layer, revisited.

> You have given me an idea for an alternate kludge, also.  I might simply
> export the pad geometry into a text file that I can post-process with a
> crude pattern matching system.  Dumb, but maybe quick.  Maybe too dumb
> -- need to think about it.

That's what the script I posted does.  It checks the element's
description to figure out what special cases might need to be applied
to the paste openings.

> In any case, it's time to get down to brass tacks.  Who is willing to
> apply coding effort to the problem of getting better paste output?  I
> really need input from someone who understands the element data structures.

The data structures aren't that hard to understand, it's the code that
manipulates them that's tricky.