Re: gEDA-user: collaboration opportunity

Hi all,

FWIW, if this means that there will be a fixed order in writing objects
to a file (as in the pcb file format) I'm in favor.

Let's say:

- file (format) version.

- global attributes (as in [author, description, comment,
model-name, ...]).

- all referenced (embedded) components as is and their default
attributes (promote them as little as possible/necessary [pinnumber,
pinseq, pinlabel, pintype, numslots, slot, author, dist-license,
use-license, symversion, file?, ...]).

- all references to (internal) components (see above) and their attached
attributes [refdes, value, footprint, vendor, vendor_PN, ...] and other
attributes required by gnetlist backends, this is the area where gattrib
is useful.

The referencing of symbols allows for new attributes implemented in the
(near) future [scale, position/translation, rotation an mirror values of
components] to satisfy popular demand regarding scaling of symbols and
the updating of modified embedded symbols.

- all nets.

- all other/graphical=1 stuff.

That sums up my EUR 0.02 I guess.

Kind regards,