Re: gEDA-user: Tips for InsertPoint?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:30:15 -0700, Ben Jackson wrote:

> I have a long straight line that turns down on both ends, like:
>
>  ----------------------
> /                      \
>
> I want to step out a section of it:
>
>          -------------
>  ------/              \
> /                      \

You are not alone. Some months ago I, filed a feature request:
/--------------------------------------
| Add more complex modes of track manipulation:
|      a) Insert an elbow: "______" to  "___/\___"
|      b) Insert a plateau : "______" to "_/---\_"
|      c) Push tracks out of the way, while drawing other tracks.
|         (Like protel99 does)
|      d) Vias should be placed, if a track gets flipped to
|          the other side with the m-key.
|      e) Automagically reduce the size of a track if this is the
|         only way to wiggle into some tight space. Return to the
|         original track size when space allows.

I noticed, that d) is already present in the current snapshot, but is a
little buggy. (More details in a one of my next mails).
Any chance for the other modes?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211