Re: gEDA-user: PCB woes

[sent too soon]

> I filed a bug against PCB, but, appart from a confirmation from
> another user reporting the same, I had no reaction to the
> report. (bugs 1796016 and 1796012 - though the last bug hasn't
> reappeared yet).

I hope everyone realizes that there are very few pcb developers.
Three or four active ones at the moment, I think.  And none of them
are Gtk experts.

If anyone knows of a Gtk expert might be interested in working on PCB,
*please* invite them to do so.

> I've started to try and analyze how the program works, but it is
> somewhat beyond my programming skills... Still, I'll have another
> go. Maybe someone can indicate where to start looking?

Both your bugs are gtk-specific, so the files in src/hid/gtk/ are to
blame.

One thing to try is, whenever you get something that seems GUI
related, try the other gui (./configure --with-gui=lesstif).  That's
completely different code, and I actively maintain that one.  If it
acts differently, you know the problem is in the src/hid/* code.  If
it acts the same, the problem is in the src/* code.