Re: gEDA-user: [ctrl-x] should cut to buffer

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:03:41 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Lesstif? It has cut and copy swapped, which I know is bad but I'm
> worried about confusing people if I just change it.

No, I use GTK-HID. With this interface there is only a subtle difference
between [ctrl-c] and what [ctrl-x] do. Both copy selection to buffer and
enter buffer mode. [ctrl-c] also unselects all, while [ctrl-x] keeps the
selection.

This GUI issue involves only trivial editing of gpcb-menu.res. So I can
fix it myself. There are a few more minor changes I like to see in the
menu. The missing tab actions in the list of key bindings and "lock text"
being one of them.

I'd be willing to contribute these improvements of gpcb-menu.res. Just
tell me step-by-step, what I need to do to send a proper patch.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog