Re: gEDA-user: Allow to put buttons for frequently used symbols in the task bar.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:44:10 -0400, al davis wrote:

>> I did a bit of circuit simulation with ltspice recently.
>
> Why not gnucap?

Because it did not jump at me and slab  GUI in my face. ;-)

Seriously, I am a newbie at simulation. Ltspice had the advantage, that I
had seen a colleague successfully using it for circuits with a few
opamps. From the occasional remarks on this list and from the
presentation of gnucap on geda.seul I got the impression, that gnucap is
more like a hard core tool for those who know how.

By the way, when I skip through the manual, I see resistors, capacitors,
transistors and FETs. But what about opamps? Are there libraries for some
of the most common models? Say, TL081, OP07, OP27, or an äquivalent to
the fast LMH6624. How about comparators or instrumentation amps?

Maybe, a simulation chapter in the geda tutorial would have tipped me
away from ltspice towards gnucap. After all, gnucap (and ngspice?) has
the advantage to work with gschem produced netlists, if I read the docs
correctly.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak