Re: gEDA-user: getting started with geda simulation

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:16:48 -0400, al davis wrote:

> You are better off without gspiceui.  It obscures what is going on.
> GUI's make simple things simple and complex things impossible.

As a newbie I tend to deal with simple things...
Can you give an example of a complex task?

> Here's what I would do ...

Thanks a bundle. That got me started. :-)

>>> resistor is .001 ohms????? That's what you asked for.  "1M" is 1
>>> milli-ohm.

Popular newbie trap, I guess.

> gnucap> modify r1=1meg

Ah! An important feature: Modify values on the fly. Is this one of the
"complex" tasks gspiceui makes difficult?

BTW, I figured what I was missing with gspiceui: There is a button
"source" or "generator" that allows to set the source component.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog