Re: gEDA-user: gschem drawing artifact

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 02:45 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> A cancelled copy in gschem leaves a copy of the paste cursor on the
> canvas. To reproduce:
>  1) copy an object with [CTRL-c]
>  2) start paste mode with [CTRL-v]. Contents of the paste buffer
>      appear at the mouse cursor.
>  3) abort paste operation with [esc]. The contents of the paste cursor
>     remain to be seen until the next redraw event.

I'm currently (although not actively) working on a series of
improvements to the copy / paste / move / place buffers in gschem, which
will see rotate (and possibly mirror) working in all of the above
places. I'll try to ensure the drawing artifacts are fixed.

I think I know why the one you see here is seen... if you hold Ctrl
down, the motion may be constrained to Manhattan mode about some origin,
and as the Ctrl key is held during the keyboard shortcut for paste, an
image of your buffer is drawn incorrectly (in the manhatten mode). The
release of the Ctrl key doesn't trigger a repaint in the correct place.

I mentioned this to Ales when I noticed it, and I think we agreed that
the correct / easy fix is that copy / paste buffers should not have
Manhattan mode at all, as there is no sensible origin to base from.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,