Re: gEDA-user: Gspiceui build trouble

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:23:46 +0100, Richard Rasker wrote:

> Yeah, I'm well aware of the limitations of GUI apps -- but I also know
> of the drawbacks of CLI apps, one of the biggest is that for each
> application, I have to get familiar with the commands, and their options
> and arguments in order to use it effectively. This is a bit of a waste
> of time for something I only need occasionally.

Full ack.
I like to have both options in my toolbox. For occasional tasks a mouse
oriented GUI usually gets the job done way faster with less frustration.
But if I do a task more frequently, or use a larger percentage of the
available features, a CLI is my preferred mode of operation. To me it
seems, gschem/pcb could integrate more keyboard power into their
respective UI. Scripting and numerical entry of coords is not very
powerful or not  present at all. Are there plans to push this kind of
features?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak