gEDA-user: sch2sym.py and Makefile example

I have begun to use gaf for an audio prototyping board for a
University course I'm teaching.  The gEDA site claims no
schematic-to-symbol generator so I rolled my own and am making the
first-pass available to start to fill the gap.

I am been using the gEDA Binary Suite 0.0.2 for the moment until I get
around to moving my machines to newer releases simultaneously, so the
script is only tested on that version of gschem.  However it gives
satisfactory results on my current collection of project schematic
sheets.

Included is "usb-codec.sch" and "ingenious-A.sch" with embedded
symbols and their corresponding generated symbol.  The script puts all
input and passive ports on the left side, outputs on the right, and
power ports on the top/bottom.  The symbol box is sized according to
the minimum size to display all port label text without overlapping.

Finally, in the archive is the project Makefile as a user example for
new-comers.  The project isn't in PCB layout stage, nor have I used
simulations, so those aspects have not been vetted yet.

http://www.whiteaudio.com/proj/sch2sym.tar.gz

Comments are welcome,

Dan

--