Re: gEDA-user: PCB latest no longer accurate? - git vs cvs

KURT PETERS wrote:
>    > Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:04:29 -0600
>    > From: KURT PETERS <peterskurt@xxxxxxx>
>    > Subject: gEDA-user: PCB latest no longer accurate? - git vs cvs
>    > To: <geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    >
>    >
>    > I remember earlier on the mail list that someone commented that this
>    web site isn't accurate:
>    >
>    > http://pcb.gpleda.org/obtaining.html
>    >
>    >
>    >
>    > In other words, cvs is no longer maintained, and only the git repos.
>    is up to date. Is this true? And if so, how can we get the web site
>    changed?
>    >
>    > Kurt
>    > Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:58:08 -0400
>    > From: DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>    > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: PCB latest no longer accurate? - git vs cvs
>    > To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    >
>    >
>    > We no longer maintain the sourceforge CVS repository, but that web
>    > page documents the GEDA git-to-cvs gateway, which should still work
>    OK
>    > (for anonymous checkouts only).
>    >
>    >
>    > ------------------------------
>    > Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:08:09 +0000
>    > From: Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
>    > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: PCB latest no longer accurate? - git vs cvs
>    > To: gEDA user mailing list <geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    >
>    > On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 14:58 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>    > > We no longer maintain the sourceforge CVS repository, but that web
>    > > page documents the GEDA git-to-cvs gateway, which should still
>    work OK
>    > > (for anonymous checkouts only).
>    >
>    > I've updated the page to make the git details a little more
>    prominent.
>    > Although I'm not sure I didn't screw it up...
>    >
>    > I got the commit email, but the web-site hasn't updated. (And there
>    were
>    > a load of permission denied errors when I did the "git push")!
>    >
>    > (Sent an email to Ales and Dan who can hopefully fix any mess I've
>    > caused!)
>    >
>    Peter,
>       Nice try, but I see no changes either :-(

but as DJ mentioned, the information there is accurate.  If you get cvs
sources from sourceforge you'll find it won't configure and you'll get
an error message saying where to get the maintained sources.  The
anon-cvs on gpleda.org is a copy of whats in git so it is a fine way to
track current sources.

-Dan