Re: gEDA-user: own m4 symbols in pcb

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:48:09 +0200, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> I have an old symbol file with my own m4 symbols simply named own.inc

Disclaimer: I prefer newlib footprints and never use the m4 library. So
my advice given below might be completely wrong...

> But how can I use this from pcb? I can't see my symbols there :-( Maybe
> I never included this to pcb symbols and use it solely with gschem2pcb
> but I can't remember :-)
>
> Can you give my a hint how to integrate own m4 symbols to pcb

Add the Path to your library directory, not including the libdir itself
to the Path given in
	Preferences -> Library

> and how make own m4 symbols active for geschem2pcb

Add the path to your footprint library to gsch2pcb with the -d option.
Alternatively you can set this resource in a project file. See Bill
Wilsons tutorial for the details.

By the way: There is no man page for gsch2pcb :-|

"gsch2pcb -?" still points to  http://pcb.sf.net and
http://www.geda.seul.org for more information.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--