Re: gEDA-user: net= attributes, symbols and schematics

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:58:14 -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:

> I'm planing a circuit where some chips have a wide variety of different
> power supply requirements. I'm debating with myself whether I should
> create symbols that have net= attributes for all the various power
> types, or if I should attach attributes from outside the symbol, or
> create pins for all the various power types of the chip, or whatever.

Invisible information in the schematic is bad(tm). That's why I prefer
separated power symbols. These explicitly wear all the power pins a
component needs. They can be put somewhere in the backwaters of the
sheet. That way I avoid cluttering of the schematic but still have all
the power pins visible in print.

However, support for such multi part symbols is not complete, yet.
Renumber does not honor shared refdeses. The part with the footprint
attribute has to be inserted last.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak