gEDA-user: net= attributes, symbols and schematics

I'm planing a circuit where some chips have a wide variety of
different power supply requirements. I'm debating with myself
whether I should create symbols that have net= attributes for
all the various power types, or if I should attach attributes
from outside the symbol, or create pins for all the various
power types of the chip, or whatever.

In the past I've attached net= attributes to the symbol at
the schematic level. That worked well enough, but I wonder if
there is a better way, that might be more DRC-friendly.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,