Re: gEDA-user: PCB burn in spec?

> We want to do powered burn in of populated boards, to catch bad solders
> and early component failures. I'm thinking 0-65C.

You want to do so-called HALT/HASS testing.  One usually does
temperature cycling of the board, maybe humidity, shock & vibration,
and other environmental tests.

The testing you want to do is usually governed by the industry you
want to sell into.  For example, the Aerospace industry uses different
temperatures and number of cycles than, say, the telecom or medical
industry.  Each industry has some type of standards body
(e.g. Bellcore/Telecordia, FAA, whatever).  You need to figure out who
your customers are, what industry specifications are important to
them, and then do the testing relevant to their industry.

If you don't know what industry specs to use, I suggest you spend some
time Googling terms like "HALT HASS test" and see what comes up.  Then
choose the industry spec which most closely meets the kind of product
and market you want to target.  Also, you could talk to your customers
and find out what industry reliabiliy specs they prefer.  Then, once
you've found a spec amenable to you, do your tests and then tell your
customers (in your marketing literature) "our products are tested to
and meet XYZ-456-000 reliability requirements issued by
<Organization>."

Cheers,

Stuart