Re: gEDA-user: rotate smd parts 0603

Stefan Salewski schrieb:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 08:51 +0200, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
>>> Can you remove all other objects from that board and post it here?
>> I added the file with one element added with gsch2pcb and one added manual.
>>
>> If I set "settings->lock names" I could rotate the element if the name
>> is visible. If silk layer is switched of, I could not rotate the element.
>>
>> Switching "settings->only names" on or off has no effect.
>>
>> plain text document attachment (test001.pcb)
>
> Well...
>
> You have the text above the pads.
> So rotate tool rotates the text. How can the tool guess that you wants
> to rotate the pads?

if I switch off the silk layer, the got the same result, not the element
nor the text is rotated

if I move the text away from the symbol, i can rotate the symbol
BUT!
if I switch of the silk layer and have the text moved away I am NOT!
able to rotate the element! Is this intended?

> So lock the text, or move it away first. Having silk text on pads is not
> good for soldering...
I agree :-)

But is it not a typical work flow to first move and rotate the parts, do
the layout and after that move the labels around? If I first move the
labels, they may appear near another element. This makes things a bit
difficult to handle...

I think the "no rotation of elements if silk layer is off" is a bit
mysterious.

The lock names setting is my work around for the problem, so I can do my
work. But I think this is not the behavior which is expected.