Re: gEDA-user: rotate smd parts 0603

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 14:34 +0200, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> But is it not a typical work flow to first move and rotate the parts, do
> the layout and after that move the labels around? If I first move the
> labels, they may appear near another element. This makes things a bit
> difficult to handle...

What I did for my DSO board with 1000 elements: I made all silk text
(refdes) invisible (move pointer over the element and press "H" key, or
select multiple elements and press SHIFT H to hide all text.) Or lock
the text to the element, so that text and pads are one entity. Later
select "Only names" to position the text.