Re: gEDA-user: rotate smd parts 0603

> If I set "settings->lock names" I could rotate the element if the name
> is visible.

"Lock names" locks the element names relative to the element, so you
don't keep accidentally moving the name when you intend to move the
whole element.  I do most of my PCB editing with names locked.

> If silk layer is switched of, I could not rotate the element.

If any part of the element is not available (like silk), the whole
element is not selectable.

> Switching "settings->only names" on or off has no effect.

"Only names" keeps you from selecting the element when you intend to
move the names.  This mode is for rearranging all the refdes's once
the elements are placed.