Re: gEDA-user: PCB burn in spec?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Ellec, Chris
<Chris.Ellec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can somebody recommends burn in spec. for PCB such as time vs.
> temperature? Is there a mil spec for that? I could only find mil-spec
> for burning in individual IC, not PCB (mil-std-883 for example).

Unpopulated boards?

Populated boards with or without power while being burned in?

What is the actual goal you want by doing burn in?

What we did for populated, unpowered, boards was 65'C for 24 hours,
then into a -20'F freezer for 24 hours, for four cycles of that, when we
wanted to thermal cycle solder joints.  Don't know if there was spec,
it was what someone came up with at the CM I worked.

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
http://www.softwaresafety.net/