Re: gEDA-user: Eliminate separate Vcc planes?

I second this request.  All of the quantitative data that I have seen
basically says that for a given dielectric, the inductance is a
function of the package size and shape regardless of the capacitance.
And yet the rule of thumb continues to be mixing capacitor values to
handle a range of frequencies.  Is that advice wrong (outdated,
perhaps?) or is there more to it than the datasheets show?
-Alan