gEDA-user: Aperture size for polygon fill

A few of the boards that I've been working on (in PCB) have generated
gerber files that show errors in gerbv.

The error is "Undefined aperture number called out in D code." Looking
at the gerber file, I can find sections that look like the following
excerpt:

G54D18*G54D25*G36*
X3778Y10477D02*X4991Y11177D01*
X5341Y10570D01*
X4128Y9870D01*
X3778Y10477D01*
G37*

This is apparently code to draw a polygon.   And... In the aperture
table at the top, D25 is not installed.    Now, my understanding is
that for filled polygons, the aperture size is not actually used--
only the actual vertices of the polygon.

Is this understanding correct?

If it is, then I *should* be able to go into the file and (1) remove
every "G54D25*" OR (2) go into the file and define a D25 at the top
like "%ADD25C,0.1000*%" as a fix.  Or perhaps, someone can correct my
assumptions here. :)