Re: gEDA-user: Aperture size for polygon fill

On Oct 26, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Stuart Brorson wrote:
>> It may be good to know which version of PCB generated the gerber
>> file,
>> which version of gerbv you used to inspect it. It may be even more
>> helpful to make the source PCB and the gerber file available for
>> inspection by developers.
>
> ISTR that older versions of PCB would create Gerbers with this error
> if you tried to create a hole with zero diameter.  This bug was fixed
> about a year ago, but if you're using an older version of PCB, then
> you could encounter this problem.

This version is "20081128," so yes it's about a year old.  If this
sounds like an error that's been fixed since, then we probably don't
need to worry about it too much.

I'm using fink under MacOS 10.6 and I'm also in the middle of a
project-- so all signs point to not being able to update in the
immediate future.  Not a big deal, if I can fix the gerber by hand.

(Speaking of which, can anyone confirm or deny that aperture size is
unimportant for polygon fill?)

The gerbv is 2.0.1, but it's not gerbv's fault: it has correctly
identified a real error in the gerber files.

> Did you create a zero diameter hole in your design for any reason?

Certainly not intentionally.  Is there any sensible way to search and
see if there is one somewhere?